ASM is an American-International non-profit college preparatory day school, located south of Milan.
We have been educating international students from more than 50 countries since 1962, offering instruction in English from Early Childhood through High School.
Our curriculum is that of U.S. college-preparatory, independent schools and includes the International Baccalaureate Diploma Program. We are accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools.
Working at ASM provides a great opportunity to build a career in an international, diverse and innovative educational environment, where common values and a strong sense of community give multiple opportunities to connect with people, achieve professional and personal goals, feel safe and secure and have fun!
Applications are now being accepted for substitute teachers. If you are interested in applying, please email your CV to email@example.com, subject line: Substitute applicant.
Child Protection Policy
The American School of Milan strongly believes in the importance of child safety and implements safeguarding practices that reflect statutory and internationally recognized responsibilities. We affirm our belief in the right of all children to be protected from all forms of abuse, neglect, exploitation and violence as set out in the UN Convention on the Rights of the Child (UNCRC) and in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Our policy recognizes that the welfare and rights of children are paramount in all circumstances. It aims to ensure that regardless of age, gender, religion or beliefs, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, identity or socioeconomic background, all children:
- have a positive and enjoyable educational experience at ASM
- have their health, safety and well-being considered when they are in our care
- are in a safe and child-centered environment
- are protected from abuse while at school or any school related activity.
As part of our safeguarding policy, the Director of the school shall:
- ensure everyone understands their roles and responsibilities in respect to safeguarding
- ensure that all staff members are provided with appropriate training to recognize, identify and respond to signs of abuse, neglect and other safeguarding concerns relating to our students
- ensure appropriate action is taken in the event of incidents or concerns of abuse and support is provided to the individual(s) involved and those who raise or disclose the concern
- ensure that confidential, detailed and accurate records of all safeguarding concerns are maintained and securely stored as per GDPR mandates that will be updated and disseminated to the community as necessary and appropriate.
- provide for a rigorous screening process and background check for all applicants for employment
- ensure that appropriate and necessary safeguarding arrangements and procedures are in operation.
This policy and its related procedures will be widely promoted and are mandatory for everyone in the ASM Community. Failure to comply with the policy or procedures will be addressed without delay and may ultimately result in dismissal or exclusion from the Community.