Job Title: Financial Controller
Reporting to the Business Manager.
Working within the Business Office, depending on the business cycle needs, you will be
involved in the following areas:
- Preparing month-end report showing the progress of the School P&L and cash flow
- Implementing and maintaining an effective reporting & planning model;
- Implementing and maintaining a dashboard with key performance indicators including the collection of historical data;
- Supporting all phases of budgeting and financial planning process, both short and long term;
- Maintaining budget control for capital expenditure projects and for relevant consumable cost centers;
- Supporting the preparation of all the material required to report financial data and analysis to the Director, the School Committees and the Board of Trustees;
For all finance area, you will also be asked to assist with audits and special projects as they arise.
Furthermore, since working in the business office, you’ll also be in contact with parents for any
matter involving payments.
Bachelor/Master degree in Accounting, Business Administration or related fields, with 3-5 years
of experience in a work environment.
- Solid understanding of basic accounting principles
- Knowledge in Microsoft Office applications
- Experience with the usage of an ERP system
- Knowledge of Microsoft Navision is a plus
- Proficiency in both English and Italian is an absolute must
- High degree of accuracy & Attention to detail with the ability to multi-task
- Customer service orientation
- Excellent communication skills
- Problem solving skills
- Team work
Please email your CV and cover letter to: email@example.com.
Applications are now being accepted for substitute teachers. If you are interested in applying, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line: Substitute applicant.
Interested candidates for a substitute position must have completed and possess all necessary documentation to work in Italy before sending their application materials. Applicants who meet the criteria for working as a substitute at ASM will be contacted for an interview before being added to our substitute list.
In alignment with the recommendations of the International Task Force on Child Protection, we hold ourselves to a high standard of effective recruiting practices with specific attention to child protection. The American School of Milan is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, and expects all who apply to work at our school to share in this commitment. Offers of employment will be subject to an enhanced background and criminal record check.
Data are managed in accordance with Data Protection obligations laid down in the (EU) Regulation 2016/679.
Click here to view ASM’s Job Applicants Privacy Notice