Thanks to the guidance of Model UN directors, Mr. Briner and Mr. Reichlmayr, all the delegates were able to be active participants in many controversial debates, while eloquently expressing their points, and finding solutions to real world issues that challenge even the most experienced diplomats.
Grade 9 and 10: Diploma Preparatory Program
The International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma program is the benchmark that drives the curriculum development for our grade 9 and 10 students. All of our 11th and 12th grade students undertake this challenging program by selecting one of three paths: the ASM Diploma, IB Diploma or IB Certificate. In order for our students to experience success in the IB, we have designed ASM’s curriculum to prepare grade 9 and 10 students for the rigors of the IB Diploma
program. We have drawn on best practices from research and years of experience from faculty members and the respected learning objectives of the IB Program as well as our focus on an American-style education where emphasis for every student is placed not only on intellectual development, but also on social, emotional, physical and aesthetic development.
Program Highlights include:
- Core subjects: Math, Science, English and Humanities
- Language B options: Italian, French and Spanish
- Electives: Film, Theatre, Digital Photography, Visual Art, PE/Dance
- Rich Music Program with concert choir, string orchestra and instrumental music via a pull-out program
- Accelerated Math classes
- Public Speaking course
- Digital Literacy and Writing course
- 25 hours of community service
- October Field trip program to enhance classroom learning and bond with other students and teachers
- National Honor Society (NHS)
- Counseling services
You may view and download the complete program of studies from the right banner.
Watch what our students have to say about ASM’s high school: